1. O troubled soul, beneath the rod
Thy Father speaks—be still, be still;
Learn to be silent unto God,
And let Him mold thee to His will.
CHORUS: Be still, O troubled soul, be still;
Fear not, thy Father’s arms enfold thee.
Take up thy cross, lay down thy will;
Be silent unto God, and let Him mold thee.
2. O anxious soul, lay down thy load,
Oh, hear His voice, He speaks to thee,
“Be still and know that I am God,
And cast thy every care on Me.”
3. O fearful soul, be still, be still,
Be of good cheer; has He not said,
“I will be with you, fear no ill,
’Tis I, ’tis I, be not afraid“?
4. O praying soul, be still, be still,
He cannot break His plighted word;
Sink down into His blessed will,
And wait in patience on the Lord.
5. O waiting soul, be still, be strong,
And though He tarry, trust and wait;
Doubt not, He will not wait too long,
Fear not, He will not come too late.
of , which is